[This Page is Currently Under Construction]
Cyber Crime Featured on Crimewatch
- Crimewatch 2014 Ep. 7 – Cyber Crimes
Technology lets us access information anytime, anywhere. But we cannot underestimate the growing variety and sophistication of cyber security threats. Through this segment, we will highlight cybercriminal activities targeted at users of social media, Internet banking and mobile devices, as well as how stolen personal information can be used to commit fraud. Viewers will also learn about cybercrime prevention from experts.
- Crimewatch 2015 Ep. 10 – 2013 Singapore Cyber Attacks
In 2013, Singapore encountered a series of cyber attacks allegedly committed by the hacktivist organisation “Anonymous”. A member known by the online handle, “The Messiah” claimed responsibility for the attacks. Watch how the officers from the Police Technology Crime Investigation Branch of the Criminal Investigation Department cracked this series of hackings and arrested the mastermind behind these cyber attacks.
- Crimewatch 2015 Ep.8 – Case of Love Scam
Don’t be blinded by love. Watch how a victim lost her savings to a virtual boyfriend and learn how to avoid falling prey to online predators. Through this segment, we also highlight cybercriminal activities targeted at users of social media and how stolen personal information can be used to commit fraud. Viewers will also learn about cybercrime prevention from experts.
Don’t Get Cheated Online
- Don’t Panic – Stay calm. Don’t rush into any online deals.
- Don’t Believe – Check before you pay. Don’t become a victim of a scam.
- Don’t Give – Never give money or personal information to anyone you don’t know.
Anti-Scam Helpline: 1800-722-6688